We are incredibly proud of our team, and can’t help but to feel inspired, motivated, and impressed! Our family of companies (Michigan Real Estate, Northern Indiana Real Estate, Tomie Raines REALTORS®, & Executive Realty) created a campaign called, “Together, We Are Stronger,” to prove that we truly are stronger when we work together, even if we must remain apart at this time.
An important part of this campaign was that we wanted to “give back” to our community. Our agent’s truly care about everything that healthcare workers and small businesses are going through right now so together, we set a goal to raise $1,500 in order to support local businesses and hospitals. Our team sees how hard these individuals work and what they are sacrificing, especially now more than ever. They wanted to let healthcare workers know we are thinking of them during this trying time. Because we could not raise funds in person, a Go Fund Me page was created for staff and agents to donate to if they wished. The money would be used to buy meals from local restaurants to be delivered to a few hospitals in our neighboring cities.
Even during a state-wide shutdown, our agents and team far exceeded our expectations! Our initial goal of $1,500 was left in the dust, and our company was able to raise over $6,376 to support 18 hospitals, 17 local restaurants and feed over 770 healthcare workers! Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices’ family of companies including Michigan Real Estate, Northern Indiana Real Estate, Tomie Raines REALTORS and Executive Realty have even pledged to match the donation! Within the coming weeks, these extra funds will help us support more local businesses and healthcare workers. Because of the generosity and grace, we were able to more than double our reach to support local businesses and provide meals to more healthcare worker scattered throughout Michigan and Northern Indiana.
We could not be more thrilled to be able to give back to those who are giving so much. We sleep better knowing we have these amazing people to take care of us. Being able to rally our community around them is part what makes us so proud of our company as a whole.
- Spectrum Health Hospitals Blodgett Hospital, Grand Rapids
- Metro Health, Grand Rapids
- Bronson Methodist Hospital, Kalamazoo
- Ascension Borgess Hospital, Kalamazoo
- Sparrow Hospital, Lansing
- McLaren Hospital, Lansing
- Beaumont Health, Royal Oak
- McLaren Northern Michigan Hospital, Petoskey
- Ascension Genesys Hospital, Grand Blanc
- Three Rivers Health, Three Rivers
- Covenant HealthCare, Saginaw
- McLaren Bay Region, Bay City
- Munson Healthcare, Gaylord
- McLaren Northern Michigan Cheboygan Campus
- Memorial Hospital, South Bend
- Franciscan Health Crown Point, Crown Point
- Goshen Health, Goshen
We also need to extend a special thanks to the restaurants that made all of this possible, from the kitchen staff to the delivery drivers. Please remember to continue to support your local businesses during this time!
- Big O’ Café, Grand Rapids, MI
- Cottage Inn, Kalamazoo, MI
- Jaspare’s Pizza, Kalamazoo, MI
- Barnaby’s South Bend, South Bend, IN
- Jimmy John’s, Lansing, MI
- Mancino’s, Petoskey, MI
- Gelsosomo’s Pizzeria, Crown Point, IN
- Genesys Guido’s Premium Pizza, Grand Blanc, MI
- Ample Pantry, Three Rivers, MI
- G’s Pizzeria, Saginaw, MI
- Eudici’s, Bay City, MI
- Vincenzo’s Pizzeria, Wyoming, MI
- Toarmina’s, Lansing, MI
- PotBelly, Royal Oak, MI
- Gerace’s Pizzeria, Goshen, IN
- Jimmy John’s, Gaylord, MI
*We will be matching any funds that our agents have raised so far. Look out for additional updates on our COVID19 Benefit coming soon.
To stay up to date with our other activities and community involvement, like our Facebook pages: Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Michigan Real Estate, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Northern Indiana Real Estate, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Tomie Raines Realtors, and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Executive Realty.